Saturday, 19 March 2011

Steamed Cocoa Cake

Inspired by recipe on "taste of pearlcity" by Ayeesha riaz, I tried this. Very nice evening dessert. I did some little variations to it.


INGREDIENTS:
Semolina(rava)- 1 cup
Oats- 1 cup
Cocoa powder- 1 tbsp
Brown sugar- 1 cup
Dessicated coconut- 1/2 cup
Walnuts- 2 tbsp chopped
Buttermilk- 2 1/2 cup
Bicarbonate of soda- 1 tsp
Salt- 1/2 tsp



Chocolate syrup(hersheys)-5 tbsp
Vanilla custard-1 cup

METHOD:

Roast the semolina until aroma comes from it. In a mixer grinder powder the oats.
Mix all other ingredients to form a thick batter. I kept aside for 1/2 hour before pouring it in butter greased round pan.
Steam it in a Idli maker for 10 to 15 min until it is cooked.
Take away from heat and allow it to cool. Spread chocolate syrup or melted Nutella on the top of it.
Either prepare custard or buy it from shop to spread it on the top of chocolate spread.
Leave it to refrigerate before serving.

1 comment:

  1. Mariam I'm really overwhelmed to see you trying my recipes. Thank you so much, I'm glad that you enjoyed it :)

    ReplyDelete